Wishing y’all a VERY Happy New Year from our family to yours!! Below is a look at 2016, and also a look forward to 2017 and some really neat things coming your way! Hope you’re as excited as we are! Cheers to 2017!
2016 :: A Look Back
Well, 2016 was officially the wildest year of our lives! Two toddlers with two very strong and hilarious personalities, three dogs with too much hair, and a growing business! Take a look:
- We shot over 100 portrait sessions in 2016 (what??!)
- We’ve invested in 12 online courses (with over 120 lessons) to make sure we’re constantly improving and providing our clients with the best service possible.
- We’ve worked out a lot of logistics and come up with a system that works really well – part of that is thanks to an amazing program called Pixifi, that helps me manage contracts, invoices, and calendars, and also allows everything to be done online. I could not be more thankful for being able to go electronic instead of sending you paper contracts (or no contracts at all!).
- We were named one of the top 19 newborn photographers in Knoxville!! Yesss!!!
- We’ve partnered as an affiliate photographer with the Heart Gallery of TN, an amazing organization that helps foster children to have a voice and find forever families!
- And did you know that EIGHT of those foster children have been adopted!!!! How incredible is that??!
- We were also honored to be accepted as an affiliate photographer with “Now I Lay Me Down To Sleep” (another amazing organization that helps parents who are grieving the loss of an infant by providing comforting photographs of their little one).
We are so thankful to both of our sets of parents for always being our biggest supporters, and we are thankful for our precious friends and family that refer us to your friends and family! And we are SOO thankful for our sweet clients that have trusted me with your family’s memories! We love y’all from the bottom of our hearts, and are so excited about what 2017 will bring!
If you didn’t get a chance to watch the slideshow, here are a few of our favorite sessions from 2016! Wish we could have fit all of our favorites in there! Fair warning: you may cry…I did!
2017 :: Going Boutique!
We are changing our business model to better accommodate you. “Boutique” can mean a lot of things, but for us, it means giving our clients better service. We will handle everything down to the finished product!
We have a snazzy new program that can take a photo of your room, and CALIBRATE it to the size of the prints so you can see what they would look like on YOUR wall!! I get so giddy thinking about how those images will look on your wall, and I can’t wait for you to have that giddy feeling too! We even offer hanging services for your convenience! Seriously, y’all…we’re stepping it up!
Don’t stress :: Let us style your family!
Don’t stress about what to wear for your session anymore – we are adding to our team! Taylor Norris is a beautiful lady, inside and out! Can’t believe it, but I actually took some photos of her in her senior year in high school almost NINE years ago! Taylor will be joining us as a client stylist! Yay! Even though you ladies are already beautiful, if you’re a mom, she’ll make you look gorgeous! If you have a teen or tween daughter, Taylor will give her a natural, age-appropriate look for hair and makeup. If you’re a grandma, she will make you look stunningly effortless!
Not only will she help to enhance your already beautiful self, but Taylor is joining us as a wardrobe stylist! When you or your family schedule a portrait session with us (whether that be an engagement, maternity, teen/tween/senior, or family session), she will help you put together an outfit or wardrobe that coordinates well, without looking “matchy-matchy”, but that also flatters you perfectly! Are you planning on hanging your photos in your living room, but not sure which colors to wear to compliment your living room decor? This girl has an eye for that, too! So, don’t stress anymore. We’ve got you covered! Please join me in welcoming my sweet friend, Taylor! 🙂
This year would not have been possible without our God’s grace in our lives. We are so humbled at how He continues to challenge us and grow us, and for that, we are truly grateful! Here’s to a new year, with new challenges, new growth, and new hopes and dreams! Thank you all so much for a great 2016! Looking forward to hearing from y’all in 2017!